Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cereal, Cereal, and More Cereal!



Just call me the Coupon Queen! Smith's has their General Mills cereal on sale for 8 for $18, then takes off $8 when you buy 8. Plus, I had coupons (thanks Pinching Your Pennies for listing all the great coupon deals!) which made these CHEAP! The first time I went I used coupons from the Sunday papers and when I checked out, a coupon printed out for $2 off 5 boxes. So I went and got 8 more boxes and another coupon printed out. So guess what I did again...yep, got more cereal and yet another coupon! All together I bought 32 boxes of cereal...




  • 4 Fruity Cheerios


  • 6 Yogurt Burst Cheerios


  • 2 Plain Cheerios


  • 4 Curves


  • 4 Oatmeal Crisp


  • 2 Trix


  • 3 Kix


  • 3 Cocoa Puffs


  • 4 Total


When I totaled what I paid on the 4 transactions and divided by 32, it came 77 cents per box!! SWEET! I told Rob I should just keep doing the little routine and see if the coupon still keeps printing each time. Maybe I should try for a year supply! :) I also got 5 boxes of different varieties of Life from Lee's Marketplace...but these weren't as good of a deal...$1.40 per box.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love coupons.

Mary Anne said...

that's pretty amazing! I love the Smith's cereal sales...I don't know when the last time was that we paid more than a dollar a box...but 77 cents is saweeet!

Brandis said...

I'm so glad you posted that. We don't have Smith's here so that won't help me, although I would TOTALLY be all over that sale if we did. It's just a relief to know that there are other people out there that have a ridiculous number of boxes of cereal in their cupboards. Now Donny won't think I'm such a cereal freak because you have more cereal than me. :)

Steph (and Bryant) said...

I LOVE coupons!!! I just did the same thing at Bashas...love it! I am glad to know I am not the only coupon girl in the fam!!!

Christie said...

I just went and stocked up. I have to re-arrange my cupboards to make room for all the cereal :-)