Today was our first day of double soccer games. Brynlee had a game last Tuesday in the pouring rain and Ashlee's Wednesday game was cancelled because of snow. Brynlee's game was first this morning. She loves to play and even scored a goal today!

I am coaching Ashlee's team. She played 3 years ago and decided this year to give it a try again. She also had alot of fun playing but let's just say Ashlee's team wasn't as hot as Brynlee's. I think the score was 8+ to 0...I lost count after awhile! It's a bad sign when the other team kicks off, one girl dribbles the whole way and scores and I don't think anyone else moved. We haven't had a chance to practice yet because of snow and then Spring Break so I'm hoping the season goes a little better than this after a few practices.
Ashlee did have a nice breakaway and headed down the field to the goal but was stopped by a defender.

She played goalie the fourth quarter and had quite a few saves. Only one got through her legs.

Nice Save, Ash!
5 comments:
You go girls!
Kirsten - Can you believe it has been over 20 years since we played soccer together? Remember the year we kept winning, and the coach had promised us Baskin Robbins for each win. Such fun memories! It seems the uniforms haven't changed much either! I can't wait until it's my boys turn! Have fun!
I am on double duty too with the soccer stuff and I don't like it. They are at two completely different parks. So two games each a week plus practice! For the love. I think I would enjoy it more if Onyx didn't try to walk out onto the field the whole time!
Yea for soccer, glad it's warm enough to play, at least this week.
i was totally thinking...those jerseys look just like the ones you wore in California! The girls look great, and I think it's so awesome that you're coaching Ashlee's team! You're so amazing!
Post a Comment