Monday, April 9, 2012

Olivia at 6 months

Yikes, it's been too long since I've blogged!  I need to play catch up and I'll start off with Miss Olivia.  I'm going to back track to 5 months old since I didn't get some pictures of her on here that I finally downloaded from the camera last week. Olivia always has something in her mouth. Yes, it's mostly due to the fact that babies this age do that. Not only does she still suck her fingers and occasionally her thumb, but she has also added toes to the mix. She grabs everything in her reach and it goes straight to her mouth.



Five months also brought her first taste of solid food. Can't say she was a huge fan, but she's slowly adjusting as we've added green beans, carrots, and sweet potatoes.

More interested in stuffing the bib in her mouth...

Cute, messy face!

I really need someone to teach me how to take pictures (angles, lighting, etc.) but when you're taking pictures of such a cute baby, who cares about that stuff, right?  One Sunday it was a beautiful spring day and she got to wear one of her springy dresses to church...complete with a giant white flower  :)
She is now 6 months old!  Time is going by way too fast.   She had her well-child checkup today and her stats are 16 lbs. 9 oz. (60%) and 27 inches (88%). She has slowed down on her weight gain but the doctor wasn't concerned since she is still slightly above average. Once again, he declared she was perfect. She is sitting up for short periods of time before slowly bending in half or leaning to the side and falling over. She continues to be a really happy baby!

We were in San Diego last week so here are some 6 month pictures of her on the beach.  It was overcast and breezy so Olivia and I hung out on the sand while the others braved the ocean.

 

She loved the sand! Luckily none made it into her mouth.



Up next...Spring Break in San Diego.  We loved it!  Hopefully it doesn't take me a couple of months to blog about it!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. I found your blog a few months ago as well and have enjoyed reading it. You have such a beautiful family. Maybe one of these days we will run into each other in Sierra Vista.

Carolyn said...

Hey Kirsten--I put your address on my blog list--I am excited to to see how your family is doing. I have no idea if you are in AZ or the valley or anything, but if you are it would be fun to see you sometime. Do you ever hear from Kelly? Man, that seems like forever ago!! My email is whitingcarolyn@yahoo.com. Again, I'm glad that you found my blog and I get to see your cute family--I am sometimes hot and cold with keeping up with blogging, but now that our move is over and things are settling down more I think I will be more regular. Feel free to contact me whenever--I know things get crazy with several little ones around!

Mary Anne said...

How did I miss this post? She. Is. SOOOO cute!! Perfect just like the doctor said :)