The plan for Thursday was to go to Slide Rock. By that time, most people didn't want to be out in the sun for another day so they found an indoor water park to go to. After being cooped up for the past two days, I was not wanting to sit indoors again (besides the fact that I really dislike indoor water parks...it's stuffy, noisy, etc.) I wanted to be outdoors in the beautiful weather so my little family (along with Heather and three of her kids and Allyson with one of her boys) went to Slide Rock. The kids had a blast and although it was tricky with a baby, we were able to find shade and Rob and I switched off staying with her and playing in the water. The water was cold, but like most cold water, you get used to it. It actually felt really good on a hot day!
There was an area to jump off a cliff. Yes, that is Ashlee in the air in the middle of the picture (pink swimsuit/blue shorts). She jumped! Wahoo! She was so proud and wanted to do it again to show me.
Rachel...
Brynlee...
Allyson with Brock and Elizabeth...
Rob (I think he lost his hat and a shoe on one of the jumps but recovered them after)...
Ashlee sliding down the rocks...
Brynlee and Elizabeth. These two were inseperable, just as they were a year ago when we went to visit them in Washington.
The Thursday night activity was mini competitions. The kids were divided into age groups and then competed in a hula hoop contest...
(Oldest cousins)
(Middle group)
(love how Landon looks so mesmerized by Andrew's skills!)
(evidently hands on head is the new hula hoop trick)
(And the littlest cousins. Not sure there was much hula hooping going on!)
Pass the goldfish (moving fish from one cup to another with a straw)...
and musical "chairs" (but with hula hoops...I think...not sure because I was in the cabin making cupcakes with Ashlee) which turned out awesome!
We have a cupcake cookbook that she looks at practically every day, wanting to make all of them. She found this Campfire S'more one and wanted to make it at the reunion. The frosting is made with marshmallow creme and the flames are from melted butterscotch and cinnamon candy discs. Pretty tasty!
Friday it was time to head home. We took pictures with Grandma and Grandpa, said our goodbyes, and headed home.
Four of the five babies (two sleepy ones) born from August 2011 to January 2012 (missing Mary Anne and Emmett)...
I think Rob was feeling bad that I STILL had not been to the Grand Canyon so we went through on our way home. Our pass was good for 7 days so we figured we might as well use it one last time. Yep, it was amazingly grand :)
We finally pulled into our driveway at 1:00 a.m...loooong drive. Our kids are great road-trippers, but after having four 12+ hour (one-way) road trips in the last year, I hope we're done for awhile!








1 comment:
I am loving seeing all of these pics! All the kiddies are so grown up I can't believe it!
Kovacs Reunions are way too fun!!
Post a Comment