Thursday, April 3, 2008

Green Drink....YUMMY!!

The Baby Catcher had an "Ode to Green Drink" post last week and since I had a bag of spinach I needed to use up, I decided to try it out this morning. I kinda made up my own concoction with what I had so here it is...

6 oz. bag of spinach
1 C. Naked juice
1/2 lb. strawberries
1 1/2 bananas
1 C. ice

I think mine was weighted towards the fruity side. Maybe next time I'll get braver and add more greens! Check out her blog. It has lots of good info about the benefits of greens in your diet.

I even had Rob drink a glass before he left for work. He is the master of smoothies. Whenever we have yogurt in the fridge and bananas that are about to go bad, he'll whip up smoothies to go along with dinner. The kids love it and we play a game that they have to guess the secret ingredient(s). Some of the secret ingredients have included carrots, marshmallows, Trix, graham crackers, a slice of Banana Cream Pie, peanut butter... I think there was only one time that the crazy mix was nasty!

6 comments:

Pam said...

I haven't tried it yet...

Allyson said...

I was just telling Tiffany today about the green drink because we were talking about the healthy chocolate. Not sure if I'm brave enough to try it. It looked pretty green-are you sure it was fruity? I'm a little skeptical.

Christie said...

I do love smoothies.. and I like spinach, but I've never thought of combining the 2.. Have you heard about the recipe books that "hide" spinach in brownies and other foods to trick kids into eating their veggies?

Brandis said...

Oh my. I don't know if I could bring myself to drink something that looks like that. A bit reminiscent of the algae that used to accumulate on the sides of the cement ditches on our farm... :)

The Baby Catcher said...

Oh Kirsten, you made me smile! °Ü° I'm so glad you gave it a try, as you can see, you can really add anything to it, and a 60% fruit/40% green combo is a great start. °Ü°

Fonzareli said...

I threw up a little in my mouth. You can have mine!