Ashlee chose to sell hairbows. She helped me make "Hillcrest Husky" hairbows and then set a price for them. At first she had them set at $5 for a bow and $3 for a clip but then I realized how much money the kids all have (they get $5 a day just for turning in homework) and also realized that the teacher sells things in her store for $30-$90! I convinced her to raise her prices to $25 and $15 (I think we'll even up it next time!) I went in to her class to observe how things went and get pictures of her "Grand Opening." Everyone was saying how cute they were! One boy even bought one for his sister! We only got 9 bows made so I also let her sell some cards that I had leftover from a card swap group I used to be in. Her items sold like hotcakes! She made $305! She only had one card leftover. She had a constant group surrounding her desk. Girls were even asking her afterwards if she was going to have more to sell at the next class store. What an awesome learning experience! She is already planning what to sell at the next class store!
I'll Never Get Used To This- July
8 hours ago
5 comments:
What a great way to learn.. and it must be fun for her to see that success.
How fun!
That's so cool! Way to go Ashlee...such a business woman :)
That is awesome! I had a teacher in 5th grade who did the same thing. We even had our own 'town' we elected officials had police officers the whole deal. It was an awesome learning experience. Glad to know that it is still being done.
Justins class did something similar with the other 4th grade class. He sold sunglasses,kettle corn and gatorade key chains. Congrats on your great sales!
Post a Comment