Landon chose to go to Texas Roadhouse for his birthday dinner. When I told him they would give him a big Texas "YEE HAW!" while he sat on a horse saddle, he was so excited. Of course, none of the pictures show that excitement, but on the way to the restaurant he kept asking, "Do I get to yell 'yee haw' when I sit on the saddle?" Sure do buddy! And so will the rest of the restaurant, except I think he got a little shy once he was in the spotlight...
Funny story about dinner...Landon ordered chicken strips and the server brought out this plate a little bit earlier than ours. It was HUGE! I asked if she was sure that was his and she said yes. She said ours would be out shortly. When she brought our dinner out, she also had a basket of chicken strips and fries and said "I guess these are yours as well!" Oops...beginners mistake (it was day 2 for her). We left with a whole lotta food...enough to feed all the kids lunch the next day!
After dinner we had cake and ice cream at home and opened a few more presents that he hadn't already opened. This boy is still lovin' Legos...in fact he got 5 new sets and was in heaven. He spends most of his Sunday mornings before church and evenings after church in his room sorting through all his Legos and building things....usually accompanied with "Mom, can you help me build this one?" (translation: can you dig through this huge Rubbermaid tote and find all the pieces for me?)
Chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream for this boy. I thought I had black gel for the soccer ball but couldn't find any (in my cupboard or at the store I went to) so light blue will have to work. He didn't care about the color...just cared that it was chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment