I was looking at my new favorite website today Disney's Family.com (I've gotten some good recipes from their food section) and got a good laugh. Before I was married, I never knew you could actually make cranberry sauce. I thought it was just part of Thanksgiving that you plopped the sauce out of the can. I mean can you really call something sauce when keeps the form of the can to exactness as it is sitting on a plate? Couldn't you at least mash it up so it doesn't LOOK just like the can? It wasn't until Rob's Grandma Jones actually MADE cranberry sauce from REAL cranberries one Thanksgiving that I realized cranberry sauce doesn't have to look like this. Honestly, I had never tried the gelatinous, can formed stuff but since I tried the real deal, I kinda like it! Of course, I have never been much of a fan of Thanksgiving dinner. I'm just not much of a turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing person (not that it prevents me from eating Thanksgiving dinner...) I would much rather indulge myself in a Thanksgiving like THIS...now that's something I could stuff myself on! My Goodman relatives have the right idea! Can you guys let me know when Thanksgiving will be like that again...I just may have to invite myself to AZ!
4th of July in Utah
1 week ago
6 comments:
I actually like the fact that the cranberry sauce stays in the shape of the can. Not sure why, I just do. :)
Thanksgiving was lots of fun last year. The Mexican food was great but I still cooked myself a turkey the next week. I've come a long way since marrying into this family but I'm still not ready to give up my turkey. :)
This cracked me up. In recent years, cranberry sauce has become one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving.. but it has to be the real stuff. I love turkey, cranberry sauce and a little mayo on rolls for days after Thanksgiving..yum.
i have actually made cranberry sauce before. Okay technically it was my husband who did it. But it was tasty delish!
so funny. i'm not a big thanksgiving fan, either. i hate turkey. the 'fixins' are great, but yuck, not the turkey. and i kinda had the same experience with the cans growing up, but now i like cranberry sauce - when it's homemade. you should try ikea's lingonberry preserves. yum!
I've never tried the canned stuff...Maybe I should look for a recipe for the homemade kind.
Amen to your comment about cranberry sauce. I agree why eat something when it keeps the shape of the can. My mom always eats this kind of cranberry sauce. I have never seen it made or have made it myself. As you can tell its not an instant like for me.
Post a Comment